A pair of round toe high heel pump shoes, the two piece black satin upper, with a black and white Bakelite tapered chunk heel, decorated by rhinestone studding, the interior labeled, 'French Booterie', Titche-Goettinger Co., Dallas. We date the shoes to about 1927. In 1928, Titche-Goettinger was sold to Hahn Department Store, and the name Titche-Goettinger disappears from the list of department stores in Dallas. The shoes must have been manufactured and sold before then. The shoes are sold without shoe trees. Provenance: From The Collection of Doris Raymond.
Titche-Goettinger was a department store chain based in Dallas, Texas (United States). It was established in 1902 and was a major player in the Dallas retail market. The Titche-Goettinger Department Store, formed in 1902 by Max Goettinger and Edward Titche,opened on the southeast corner of Elm and Murphy streets. Two years later, they moved to the Wilson Building In 1928, the company began construction on a new location between Main and Elm streets at St. Paul Street to house more merchandise, including ready-to-wear apparel. In December 1928, before the new building was complete, Titche-Goettinger was sold to Hahn Department Stores (Wikipedia).
Length inner sole (measured inside): ~ 21 cm
Width (measured outside): ~ 6.5 cm
Heels: ~ 8 cm